Getting your property ready for sale
- First impressions count.
- Make sure the approach to your property looks its best, front lawn cut and flower borders neat and tidy.
- If you have a communal hallway ensure all junk mail is tidied away and any rubbish is in a bin.
- It is a good idea to give your property a thorough tidy and spring clean. Buyers are interested in available space not what you have in your home so keep the rooms tidy and clear as much as possible.
- If you have too much clutter or furniture consider putting some in storage for a while.
- Clean your windows inside and out. It is surprising what a difference it makes.
- Smell does affect peoples first impressions, consider adding some fresh flowers and bear in mind that cooking odours can linger.
- If you have plenty of time consider spending a little time and money repairing paintwork, replacing tiles etc. Even redecorating some rooms in neutral light colours would be beneficial.
- Make sure your room temperature is right for the time of year i.e. in winter make sure it is warm and cosy and in summer open the windows.
- Always open the curtains and turn on appropriate lighting when a viewing takes place.
- Do not let anyone in if they have not made an appointment, if this happens ask them to contact the agent marketing your property.